To ensure the workers’ health and physical integrity, the Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CSST) has adopted new regulatory provisions regarding safe asbestos management. These provisions have been in force since June 6, 2013 and have the goal of reducing workers’ exposure to asbestos dust. Developed in partnership with well-known lawyers specializing in labour law at Fasken Martineau, this OHS training presents the new obligations of the employer and the building owner and the resulting responsibilities regarding safe asbestos management. The online training on Safe Asbestos Management is recognized by the Barreau du Québec for mandatory continuing education purposes, for a period of 2 hours. For the purposes of reporting training hours, the activity number is #10080104.
- Introductory notions concerning materials and products containing asbestos
- Special obligations applicable to flocking and insulation
- Obligations applicable to all materials and products containing asbestos
- Responsibility of the employer versus the building owner
- Remedies and penalties in case of non-compliance
- Summary tables