This training provides the workers with the necessary knowledge to understand the importance of protecting their hearing.
- Notions of anatomy of the hearing mechanism
- How noise affects our ears (deafness)
- Non-auditory effects of noise
- Psychosocial effects of noise
- The applicable laws and regulations
- Personal protective equipment:
- Types of protection
- Their advantages and disadvantages
- How to use earplugs
- Influences of adjustment on the efficacy of protective equipment
- When must hearing protectors be worn?